ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Retaining directory structure with image task
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 15:18:29 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

>Yes, it appears the patch should default to a
>flattenmapper rather than an identitymapper... or did
>you have some other concern?
>
>-Matt

Hello Matt,

the image task now seems to contain a kind of  hardcoded flattenmapper.
This is not usual for an an ant.task, and I would be tempted to change
even the default behavior of the task, considering this is a blatant bug.
Of course this would violate BC, or at least need to be entered in the
section "Changes that could break older environments".
I find it unpleasant when we have to add new attributes/nested elements
to tasks simply because the default behavior from the start was wrong or
say ... unusual.

Maybe we ought to continue this discussion on the dev list.

Cheers,

Antoine