ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: <style> task, Ant 1.6.3 on JDK 1.5
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 10:07:12 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> JDK 1.5 does not bundle Xalan anymore, but XSLTC (or something).
> redirect is a proprietary extension of Xalan, bound to a Xalan
> specific namespace, so I'm surprised it worked at all in the first
> place.

This piece of the puzzle I've solved - XSLTC is a variant of Xalan, from
the same project. The original Xalan is an interpreter, XSLTC is a
recast of the same code as a compiler, creating output "translets".

> I've personnally switched to Saxon 8.4 for my XSL needs, and I'm glad
> I did. Being able to use the new XSL 2.0 and XPath 2.0 feature is a
> relief. A lot can be done much simpler. XSL 2.0 incorporated the
> equivalent to redirect, in the form of <xsl:result-document>, so it's
> no longer a XSL-processor specific extension.

I picked up Micheal Kay's latest XSLT book on the Version 2.0 extensions
the other week, so maybe this is the way for me to go.

Thanks for the pointer,
Bevan.

> PS: <style> was deprecated, and we should all use <xslt> now...

Thanks. I'll make the change as I work on the scripts.