ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: <style> task, Ant 1.6.3 on JDK 1.5
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 09:59:36 GMT
Keith Hatton wrote:

> The 'divide and conquer' strategy would be good here.
> What happens if you run Ant 1.6.3 on JDK 1.4?
> That way you will find out whether it's likely to be the JDK or the Ant
> release that has broken things.

A sterling idea.

It appears that the change from JDK 1.4 to 1.5 is the source of my
problem - the default XSLT processor included in the JDK changed from
Xalan to XSLTC.

XSLTC is some variation of Xalan - it's alwso an Apache projects. XSLTC
is based on some form of compilation - supposed to provide better
performance, at the expense of higher memory use.

Looks like I need to break out the source code and see what I can do.

Hopefully this weekend (after seeing Revenge of the Sith).

Thanks for the assistance,
Bevan.