ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@clear.net.nz>
Subject <style> task, Ant 1.6.3 on JDK 1.5
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 02:21:38 GMT

I've been using Ant as a web site generating tool for a number of years
- based on the <style> task transforming my original xml documents into
XHTML for publication.

Yesterday (Saturday) I upgraded my machine to JDK 1.5 and Ant 1.6.3 for
another project, and my Ant website scripts have stopped working.

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer - I've spent a couple of hours
googling and checking the ant mailing lists to no effect.

My XSLT scripts use the "redirect:write" extension element to generate
multiple output files for a single input file.

When running under JDK 1.4 with Ant 1.6.1, all of the redirected output
files ended up in the destination directory specified on the style task.

However, when running under JDK 1.5 with Ant 1.6.3, the redirected
output files end up in the same directory as my build.xml file.

here is a sample target that exhibits this behaviour:

<target name="blogs">

          destdir="${tmp.dir}"
          style="${xslt.dir}\blogs.xsl"
          extension=".page">