ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <style> task, Ant 1.6.3 on JDK 1.5
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 14:52:20 GMT
On 5/14/05, Bevan Arps <bevan.arps@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Any ideas? Any more information that would be useful to you?

JDK 1.5 does not bundle Xalan anymore, but XSLTC (or something).
redirect is a proprietary extension of Xalan, bound to a Xalan
specific namespace, so I'm surprised it worked at all in the first
place.

I've personnally switched to Saxon 8.4 for my XSL needs, and I'm glad
I did. Being able to use the new XSL 2.0 and XPath 2.0 feature is a
relief. A lot can be done much simpler. XSL 2.0 incorporated the
equivalent to redirect, in the form of <xsl:result-document>, so it's
no longer a XSL-processor specific extension.

Since Saxon is JAXP compliant, all I had to do was to put saxon8.jar
first on the CLASSPATH used by Ant, and <style> worked just fine. --DD

PS: <style> was deprecated, and we should all use <xslt> now...