ant-user mailing list archives

From Jay Burgess <li...@vtgroup.com>
Subject Catch-all target?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 15:26:07 GMT
Is it possible in Ant to define a "catch-all" target, so that if a target is
specified on the command line that's not in build.xml, the catch-all target will
be called?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to make my Ant command line
look something like:

   ant build <ProductName> <CVSTagName>

Since "build" and "<ProductName>" are known ahead of time, I can make them
targets.  However, "<CVSTagName>" is always varied, and so I'd like to find some
way to make this work.  I realize I can do:

   ant build <ProductName> -Dtag=<CVSTagName>

But I'd rather avoid the "-Dtag=" if possible.

Thanks.

Jay