ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Bartmess <dingod...@edingo.net>
Subject Re: Properties manipulation
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 13:10:00 GMT
I haven't tried this, but have done similar things in the past.

You should be able to use:

<property name="build.stdapps.properties"
value="build_stdapps.properties"/>
<property file="build.${old.label.product}.properties" prefix="old."/>

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 12:03 -0500, George Dibi wrote:
> All,
>
> Can someone help figure this out?
>
> Xml file
> <property name="build.stdapps.properties"
> value="build_stdapps.properties"/>
> <property file="${build.stdapps.properties}" prefix="old."/>
>
> Content of build_stdapps.properties is below.
>
> BUILD_VIEW=ccadm_cmlab178_ld2
> label.product=stdapps
> XADEVVOB_VER=1.0
> XADEVVOB_BLD=016
> Stdapps is passed as commend line argument
> For example: ant -buildfile xyz.xml -Dold.label.product=stdapps
> targetname
>
> Is there a way to pass the -Dold.label.product value to either
> "build.stdapps.properties" i.e. "build.${old.label.product}.propertes",
> how about the ${build.stdapps.properties}?
>
> I appreciate your help
> Thanks
>

> This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or
confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must
treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy
and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email,
including all attachments.

David A. Bartmess
Sr. Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer
eDingo Enterprises
http://edingo.net