ant-user mailing list archives

From Dave Bartmess <dingod...@edingo.net>
Subject Re: Copy task not working as expected
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 05:55:30 GMT
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 21:35 -0700, miten mehta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problem getting ant task copy to work as
> expected.  Refer dir structure and task snippets
> below.
>
> I would like to copy sys, scripts dir tree from
> /home/mit/common to /home/mit/install.  so sys and
> scripts tree should be available under install after
> tasks are executed.
>
> Also copy xml, config tree from /home/mit to
> /home/mit/install but to make sure that
> config/messages tree is excluded.
> so we should have xml and config tree into
> /home/install.
>
> At end we should have in /home/mit/install following
> dir tree:
> sys, scripts, xml, config (excluding messages)
>
> can you guide what am I doing wrong?
>
> Dir structure:
> ------------------
>
> /home/mit/install
>
> /home/mit/common/sys
> /home/mit/common/scripts
>
> /home/mit/xml/
> /home/mit/config/messages
>
> ant tasks that dont work:
> ------------------------------------
>
>   <copy todir="/home/mit/install">
>         <fileset dir="/common">

This line above takes files from the /common directory, not the common
directory relative to the current directory. You'd be better off
designating a property with the base directory you want to base it from
and using ${base}/common.

>           <include name="sys/, scripts/"/>
>         </fileset>
>   </copy>
>
>  <copy todir="/home/mit/install">
>         <fileset dir=".">
>           <include name="xml/, config/"/>
>           <exclude name="config/messages/"/>
>        </fileset>
> </copy>

David A. Bartmess
Sr. Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer
eDingo Enterprises
http://edingo.net