ant-user mailing list archives

From Joe Schmetzer <...@exubero.com>
Subject Managing project dependencies
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 22:18:01 GMT
I currently maintain a number of interdependent projects using Ant. Each
project has it's own build script, importing common targets, but also
ensuring that any dependant projects are built first. I manage project
build dependencies using a combination of imports of shared dependency
declarations and <antcall>. I haven't actually seen this technique
documented anywhere else, so I wrote up my notes here:

	http://www.exubero.com/ant/dependencies.html

I'd be interested in getting feedback on this article from this list, if
anyone has any thoughts on how to improve it. Alternatively, are there
better ways to achieve the same result?

Cheers,
Joe