ant-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Modify all files of a certain name in a tree with dirs determined by patterns, using xslt
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:55:00 GMT
I've managed to resolve some of this.  Someone on the xalan-j list
pointed out the "xmlcatalog" element, which I had noticed in the manual,
but didn't realize what it was for.  This resolves the problem of
accessing the DTD.

My next problem is excluding some specific directories and files.  It
looks like the pattern specs I can use aren't as flexible as I need.
For instance, what I'd like to specify is an "includes" value of:

  .workshop/mqAdaptersWeb/EJB/**/META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

But an "excludes" value of:

  .workshop/mqAdaptersWeb/EJB/Foo*/META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

So it would process all the directories specified by the "includes"
pattern, but exclude the ones specified by "Foo*" in the second pattern.
Unfortunately, the Ant file pattern spec doesn't allow anything like
that.

Is there some other way to do this?

The other problem that I'll have to solve is that I have to store the
result of these transformations into a different directory, and then
copy them over the original files.  I tried setting my "destdir" to "."
to cause them to write to the source files, but that broke, not
surprisingly.  I haven't looked much into this yet, but I think it might
be straightforward (steps to copy the files, that is).