ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Clohosy <c.cloh...@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Ant's Nest build file GUI
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 10:14:07 GMT
Hi everyone,

Ant's Nest 1.7 has just been released at http://antsnest.sourceforge.net and is a major update
from the last time I spoke on this list. For those that weren't around last time, Ant's Nest
is a GUI that helps a user create/edit a build file. It's aim is to help the user as much
as possible whilst not slowing down the experienced user, with standard features such as auto-complete
mixed with the new Ant Beans system; all complimented with a drag 'n' drop interface.

It's totally free and open-source, and I'm very keen for people's opinions on it, as last
time your feedback was incredibly useful. But instead of clogging up this list, can you send
your criticisms/views to the contact details supplied on the web page.

I hope the editor proves helpful to some people, as my whole project concluded that creating
a build file is not as straightforward as it could be; the innovator of Ant himself has even
conceded the use of XML is not the most human-friendly approach, and it's well known most
Ant 'editors' are in fact XML editors with an auto-complete function.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Chris :-p