ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Ant's "find" Equivalent
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:02:15 GMT
We have a template build.xml that gets used across multiple projects, though unfortunately
not through <import> (it predates Ant 1.6 and is literally an XSL template).  Consequently
there is no way to override behavior; everything needs to be generic enough to handle edge
cases.

One of those edge cases is projects that only contain property files; for these projects we
don't want to run the javadocs target.

I'd like to be able to set a property based on a condition that recursively searches for *.java
files (much the way a "find ./src -name *.java" would) and then use <target ... unless="${src.found}">
to control execution of the javadocs target.  That said, I'm not coming up with any good ways
to do this in Ant.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162