ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Memory usage of targets vs macrodefs?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:05:13 GMT
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005, David A. Bartmess <dingodave@edingo.net> wrote:

> Are there any comments on the memory usage for using targets vs
> macrodefs in the build?

The question usually is macrodef vs antcall and macros should consume
less memeory, not more.

In your situation I'd rather look for a memory leak in the things you
known to leak memory in certain JDKs, for example.

> The problem COULD lie in the wsdl generation, but we're not sure at
> this point.

How do you do that?

If you have any chance to fork the process into a separate Java VM, a
memory leak at least wouldn't affect your main build.

Cheers

        Stefan