ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Problem with csc on OS X
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:32:41 GMT
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Chris Altman <> wrote:

> It returns this error: csc failed: mcs: not
> found

This probably means that Mono is not on your PATH.

> Now I have read through some of the other messages and noticed that
> this has also happened to those on WinXP and the solution for the
> most part was to add csc.exe to the PATH variable.  However, I am
> not even sure that is possible on OS X?

If you look at the message you'll see it is looking for mcs, Mono's C#
compiler, not csc.exe.

> I have also seen something about needing ant-nodeps.jar but have had
> 0 luck finding this file other then in my lib folder?

Your installation is complete, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to
use the <csc> task.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message