ant-user mailing list archives

From Greg Gimler <ggim...@gmail.com>
Subject custom task question
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:43:55 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to generate a unix shell script from an ant task.  The ant
task is just a simple java execution and I want to generate the unix
shell script for deployment purposes.  Is there a way to do this
easily?  I've tried to write a custom task and I'm having a difficult
time getting all of the information I need.  For example I have the
following snippet...

<target name="generate-scripts" description="Generates the appropriate
shell scripts from ant runtimes.">
<taskdef name="unixscriptgen" classname="task.UnixScriptGenerator"
classpathref="perseus.classpath.run"/>
		<unixscriptgen target="stupidjava" file="blah.sh"/>
	</target>

	<target name="stupidjava" description="blah">
		<java classname="nonexistantclass">
			<classpath refid="perseus.classpath.run"/>
		</java>
	</target>