ant-user mailing list archives

From "Donald Strong" <dstr...@agentissoftware.com>
Subject RE: Memory usage of targets vs macrodefs?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:33:53 GMT
Hi David,

We have had memory problems with our build script in the past.
JUnit tests, of which we have about 5000, were a problem, particularly
generating the reports using XSLT.
Eventually we broke the build up by spawning Ant calls.
This later allowed us to distribute the build/test suite (about
10 hours worth) across several machines.

Regards
Donald.

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Bartmess [mailto:dingodave@edingo.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 5 April 2005 2:19 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Memory usage of targets vs macrodefs?

I've been hired by a company that uses a LOT of macros, and currently
we're having problems with our builds because of memory issues. The JVM
is set to 1024M for Xmx and 256M for Xms, and we still can't seem to get
a build to go through successfully.

Are there any comments on the memory usage for using targets vs
macrodefs in the build?

The problem COULD lie in the wsdl generation, but we're not sure at this
point.

Thanks for any info!
--
David A. Bartmess