ant-user mailing list archives

From Brent Bain <Brent.B...@marketlive.com>
Subject Append References? (refid question)
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:35:05 GMT
Hello:

I think I've come up with a better way to ask my last question in a much
more generic "how do I" type way.
Is there a way to update a reference id within a loop?
For example (not working code below but it shows more or less what I'm
trying to do):
<for list="a,b,c" param="example">
    <sequential>
        <path id="exampleID">
            <pathelement path="@{example}" />
        </path>
    </sequential>
</for>
The above does NOT work because each time it loops through it resets the
refid.  Unless I am missing something...

What I'm hoping for is a way so that when the loop was all finished the
refID would then return all the values that were handled in the loop.
My goal is a little more complex -- looping over an xml file to read in lib
files/paths -- I just don't want to read in the xml file each time I need to
use the libs if at all possible.  Storing the lib references in an xml
property file allows me to only have one file to reference from several sub
projects.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Brent