ant-user mailing list archives

From "Oski Wee" <oski...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Quotations in a property get corrupted when passed as an arg
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:36:12 GMT
>temp.cmd argument^ that^ has^ a^ literal^ ^"^ as^ part^ of^ its^ value
>
>The above is properly treated as 1 argument.

Actually, turns out that the ^ does not even work from the command prompt.

I guess I can try doing this:
temp.cmd "argument that has a literal "" as part of its value"

as a close approximation.  I'll just have to do some additional processing
in my script to change the pair to a single instance "" -> ".

Can anyone suggest a better way to pass an argument that has spaces and
quote marks in it?

Thanks