ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: Converting new or changed files with an batch file called from within ant
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:54:23 GMT
> From: Huditsch Roman []
> The proplem is taht everytime I start the transformation, all files of
> input folder are converted.
> I would like ant to just produce new or changed files (since the last
> transformation call).
> the source folder is specified within my batch file, so I am nor sure
if I
> need to rewrite my ant and abtch files....
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

As indicated, <xslt> does timestamp checking, but be aware of its
limitations though. If you <xsl:include> or <xsl:import> other
stylesheets, changes to these are not seen by the task; or it you output
to more than one document, again the out-of-date check is not

In such cases, you probably want to have finer grained control of what
is deemed out-of-date using Ant-Contrib's <outofdate> task (Or Ant's
<uptodate>, or <dependset>). --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message