ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: Ant configuration problem (tools.jar).
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:07:05 GMT
> From: Graeme Shaw []
> I'm trying to get Ant set up so I can use it to install Apache

> $JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java/jre

JAVA_HOME is supposed to point to the JDK, not the JRE.

> $ANT_HOME=/usr/local/ant
> When I run 'ant' in the XML-RPC directory I get the output I've
> attached at the bottom.  I can't seem to find a tools.jar either in
> /usr/lib/java/jre/lib or in /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2/jre/lib.
> Ant seems to be looking for tools.jar in /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2/lib/
> which doesn't even exist.  This is all under SuSE Linux Professional
> 9.1.

Ant will look for it in $JAVA_HOME/lib. The fact that is looks for it in
SunJava... is suspicious. I'm SuSE illiterate though, so maybe it's

> Any help with this will be greatly appreciated, I need to get XML-RPC
> up and running as quickly as possible, thanks in advance,
> env:
>      [echo] java.home = /usr/lib/SunJava2-1.4.2/jre
>      [echo] user.home = /home/thorin
>      [echo] jsse.jar = ${jsse.jar}
>      [echo] jnet.jar = ${jnet.jar}
>      [echo] jcert.jar = ${jcert.jar}
>      [echo] servlet.jar = ${servlet.jar}
>      [echo] junit.jar = ${junit.jar}
> /home/thorin/xmlrpc-1.2-b1/build.xml:137: srcdir
> "/home/thorin/xmlrpc-1.2-b1/${src.dir}" does not exist!

All these ${something} in the output above indicates all these variables
are not defined, which is likely not normal. Seems like this build wants
you to define all these variables somehow, no? --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message