ant-user mailing list archives

From Fermin Da Costa <f.dacost...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Counting files in a dir
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:51:45 GMT
On Apr 6, 2005 4:33 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
>
> > The scenario you describe seem to point to file
> > selectors. In Ant, you
> > usually don't loop on dirs, doing some conditional
> > processing within the
> > loop, you select all the files to process using
> > <fileset>s, which with
> > selectors can do this selection on just about any
> > criteria, and then you
> > process this list of files unconditionally.
> >
> > For example, since your example is around unit
> > testing, I use <junit>
> > with a <batchtest>, which contain <fileset>s with
> > custom selectors to
> > select only some tests, based on various criteria.
> >
> > I'm not sure it applies to you, but I'd say it's the
> > canonical way to do
> > this kind of things in Ant. --DD
> >

> Agreed; using a <junit> <batchtest> with filesets that
> select the testcases, if none exist in a fileset based
> in a particular directory, well, then, no tests will
> be run.  So you should basically get for free what you
> are trying to do here.
I understand and appreciate what both of you are suggesting. However,
i did learn a couple of things along the way (so that is a plus) and
since i'm not exactly a developer (just a guy that knows how to
develop) i'm already quite pleased with the fact that i got it running
in the first place. Ant not being the clearest of languages around
(esp true for lesser gods like myself ;-)).

When i'v got some cycles to spare i'll have another look into what you
guys suggested and have a go at the alternate way of doing it.

Thx just the same,

Fermin DCG