ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: AW: Installing Ant under Windows XP
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:39:44 GMT
> *Were you installing as the Administrator or a limited access user?

For Ant you dont have to be an Admin - just extract the binary distro.

> *And in My Computer | Properties | Advanced Tab | Environment
> Variables, did
> you set the following:
>
> ANT_HOME=C:\wherever Ant is

Would be helpful, but is not necessary: ant.bat sets this variable.

> CLASSPATH=%ANT_HOME%\LIB\*.jar or specific.jar

DONT! You could earn lot of problems when doing that. The ant.bat starts
quasi a "java -cp ant-launcher.jar Launcher" and that class will load all
jars from ANT_HOME\lib and USER_HOME\.ant\lib.

> PATH=%ANT_HOME%\bin

Indeed helpful - but not necessary.

Jan