ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Why don't my selectors select anything?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:07:28 GMT
> Can selectors be used to select files located in different
> absolute paths
> from within the same fileset?

Sure - but the absolute paths must have a same root directory.
Otherwise it cant be in the same fileset.

> Example: I have the following files
>
> - /tmp/dir1/bar
> - /tmp/dir2/baz
> - /opt/foo

<fileset dir="/" includes="tmp/dir1/bar/,tmp/dir2/baz/,opt/foo"/>

> Is it possible to combine <include name="..."> patterns and
> selectors within
> the same fileset?

Personally I think about <ex|include> AS a selector :-) It´s selected if the
filename
matches the given string.

<fileset dir="" includes="foo"/>

is the same as

<fileset dir="">
  <include name="foo"/>
</fileset>

and additional selectors are possible.

> Unfortunately, the Ant manual is not really clear on these two issues.

Provide a path :-)

Jan