ant-user mailing list archives

From Currimbhoy Shahyan <shahyan.currimb...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Trigger standard build file from ant script
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:41:15 GMT

Oh ok...yes I think the exec command should be perfect !
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: David TROGDON [mailto:David.TROGDON@na.biomerieux.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 12:27 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Trigger standard build file from ant script

I suspect the ANT <exec> task that runs an executable may work. I have used
it to run batch files, InstallShield command line etc. I started with ANT
about 5-6 years ago and never used Make or any other buid scripting
language so excuse me for not being familiar with .bld files.  I am
assuming you pass the .bld file to some executable and that being the case,
<exec> should run it.

David

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Currimbhoy Shahyan   |
|         |           <shahyan.currimbhoy@s|
|         |           iemens.com>          |
|         |                                |
|         |           04/28/2005 11:10 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "Ant Users List"     |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->

---------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       bcc:
|
  |       Subject:  Trigger standard build file from ant script

---------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Our organization currently uses standard build (.bld) files to build our
components. I want to automate this process and am looking into cruise
control.
Cruise control however only supports ant, maven and nant.
I am looking at trying to trigger our standard build script from an ant
script.
Can anyone give me some information on how that can be done?

Thanks,
Shahyan.

Standard Build Script Snippet:

***********************
@%set SAT_VRF=$(SCS_VERSION_LABEL,S/[^_]*_\([^_]*\)_.*/\1/)
    @%set SAT_SOLARIS_SO = LIB\*.so.$(SAT_VRF)
    !IF "$(MBUILD)"=="YES"
      !IF %EXIST($(SAT_SOLARIS_SO))
          xcopy /I /F /C /Y $(SAT_SOLARIS_SO)  $(MBUILD_TARGET_DIR)\LIB
          xcopy /I /F /C /Y LIB\*.so   $(MBUILD_TARGET_DIR)\LIB
          xcopy /I /F /C /Y LIB\*.so.1   $(MBUILD_TARGET_DIR)\LIB
      !ELSE
        @ECHO $(SAT_SOLARIS_SO) is missing.
        exit 1
      !ENDIF
    !ENDIF

-----------------
# 'system' is effectively the 'default target' that builds if OMAKE is not
passed a target

-----------------
SYSTEM_DEPENDENCIES=
!If %defined(SAT_MAKE_JAVA) && ("$(SAT_MAKE_JAVA)"!="NO")
    # Java-only!
    #
    # Cleanup before compiling?
!   If %defined(SAT_CLEAN_JAVA) && ("$(SAT_CLEAN_JAVA)"=="YES")
        # Delete generated Java files
        SYSTEM_DEPENDENCIES+= clean_java
!   EndIf

***********************

---

This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
Solutions

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to
Central.SecurityOffice@shs.siemens.com

Thank you