ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Ant javac includes
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:25:36 GMT
I think you may be misunderstanding what "includes" means here. The
"includes" attribute is used against the source directory to decide
which files to include in the compilation. In other words, "includes"
functions as a filter on the set of files from your srcDir. If you add
something to that filter which does not exist in the set, it has no
effect - it's not there to include to start with. "Includes" is not an
explicit specification of which files are to be compiled.

Nevertheless, I understand the issue you are raising. I'd say the best
way to catch these sorts of issues is with adequate testing.

Conor