ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan Almås <JAlm...@oslo.WesternGeco.slb.com>
Subject Problem with Ant javac includes
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:00:01 GMT
Hi all Ant users,

we have been using Ant in our projects for 2+ years now. We have
recently discovered a potential dangerous error (or we believe it's an
error at least).

When using Ant to compile our package with an explicit includes
statement, Ant ignores the fact that the file can't be found. Since we
are using some reflection to minimize coupling, we need this feature but
this can be dangerous since parts of the package might be omitted from
the distribution jar.

  <target name="compile_server" depends="init">
     <javac
        includes="mypackage/ExportService.java,
                  mypackage/RetrieveService.java,
                  separate/package/UpdateProperty.java"       <--
MISSING FROM ${source}, build successful
        srcdir="${source}"
        destdir="${classes}"
        debug="on">
        <classpath>
           <pathelement
location="${3plib}/servlet/servlet2.3/servlet.jar"/>
           <path refid="cb.depend.class.path"/>
           <path refid="crewlist.depend.class.path"/>
        </classpath>
     </javac>
  </target>

Rgds,