ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Classpath for Taskdef?
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:15:15 GMT
Hello Wolverine My,

yes it is possible to extend the classpath for specific tasks. The
<taskdef/> task supports the following attributes :

classpath
classpathref,
loaderref

classpathref will be followed by the ID of a path defined before in your
build file with a construct like
<path id="my.specific.classpath">
     <pathelement location="some.jar"/>
     <fileset dir="some.path">
          <include name="**/*.jar"/>
     </fileset>
</path>
<taskdef name="myspecifictask" classname="org.mybusiness.mytask"
classpathref="my.specific.classpath"/>

Additionally, you can use the loaderref attribute, if you want to load
different tasks/types using the same classloader.

In this case, all the taskdef/typedef using the specific classpath
should have a loaderref attribute with the same value (For instance
"myloader").
The first taskdef/typedef which will be executed by ant should have the
classpath or the classpathref attribute set.

(Not 100% sure about this last bit of explanation, but this is at least
how I understand the code).

Cheers,

Antoine