ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniele Gianni <daniele_gianni2...@yahoo.it>
Subject Installing Ant under Windows XP
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:39:09 GMT
Hi Ant community,

I'm trying to set up Ant under Windows XP, I have followed all the steps
required in the Ant manual (ie setting every enviroment variable, etc)
but I'm not able to run Ant, in fact as soon as I try executing  "ant
-version" or only "ant" the system shows the message "unexpected software".

All the enviromental variables are set, my JDK is 1.4.2_05 whereas Ant
is 1.6.2 (it's the same with the 1.6 though).

Is there anybody who had the same problem? How could you workaround it?

I read through the manual but this case seems not to be happened to
anybody yet.

Thanks.

Daniele