ant-user mailing list archives

From Graham Lea <graham.r....@alumni.uts.edu.au>
Subject How to Write A Custom Path / Fileset
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:39:27 GMT
I want to write a custom Fileset type that reads input from a file.
I don't want to support any nested elements, I just want to be able to
do something like this:

    <libraryset id="myLibraries" file="libraries.txt"/>

and have a custom class create a fileset based on the content of
libraries.txt.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is it possible for me to do this (i.e. define a new DataType and use
it in a build file)?
[Or do I have to write a custom Task that creates the fileset?]

2. If the answer to 1. is 'Yes', where/what should I be extending?
[Or, if the answer is 'No', what sort of FileSet should my task be
creating?]
        org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectComponent?
        org.apache.tools.ant.types.DataType?
        org.apache.tools.ant.types.AbstractFileSet?
        org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet?

Thanks very much,

Graham.