ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert r. Sanders" <robert.sand...@ipov.net>
Subject Re: Garbage collection question
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 02:02:57 GMT
Garbage collection is non-deterministic - the JVM gets to decide when to
run it.  My guess would be that ANT has a reference to ALL the files and
doesn't let go of any of them until all the tasks have run.  You can
probably get around this with a little re-coding; I could be wrong, but
I think Ant-Call (and its variants) might cause the task objects to be
derefernced for every loop, meaning a little more CPU time, but
hopefully no oyt-of-memory errors.  You might also look at either the
ANT scriping task, or the Ant-contrib (from sourceforge) for-each tag.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist