ant-user mailing list archives

From "Radha Sangal" <Radha.San...@pega.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.NullPointerException, launch.Locator.getLocationURLs
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:44:50 GMT
Check your settings again.
c> echo %ANT_HOME%
c> echo %CLASSPATH%
c> echo %PATH%
all these should point to the dir where you want them to be.

Its not finding ant/bin dir ... u will get through it, don't worry :)

-----Original Message-----
From: mikfaretta@tiscali.it [mailto:mikfaretta@tiscali.it]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:38 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: java.lang.NullPointerException, launch.Locator.getLocationURLs

please help me if you can or have sorted already my same problem with
ant.

Following instructions on the installation manual, I do all things
described
in installation but not able to build ant since the build -Ddist.dir=3D
ain_Ant_distribution>
dist command has the following response: access denied. When I type the
ant
command from the dos prompt I have this response:

C:\>ant
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getLocationURLs(Locator.java:262)

        at
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getLocationURLs(Locator.java:212)

        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:128)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

Is this because I wasn't able to build ant? Which could be the reason
for
that?

or if the exception thrown is indipendent from the build command , how
can
I sort it?

I want to see ant -version rightly working

By the way I'm using Windows XP, j2sdk1.4.2_07, I got Ant souce from
apache-ant-1.6.2-bin.zip in http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
webpage,
I followed all the installation process, also setting up the environment
variables, I type ant in an
MS-DOS shell.

I pray you, help me!!!

Michelangelo

Tiscali Adsl 3 Mega Flat con 3 MESI GRATIS!
Con Tiscali Adsl 3 Mega Flat navighi con la Supervelocita'
a soli 29.95 euro al mese, senza limiti di tempo. E se attivi
entro il 15 Aprile, 3 MESI sono GRATIS!
Scopri come risparmiare navigando veloce, su
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2flat_tc/