ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Rich" <b...@wilandra.com>
Subject RE: extracting project revision number
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:33:03 GMT
<propertyregex> can be used to remove the unwanted parts.

HTH Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Charbonneau [mailto:andre.charbonneau@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:19 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: extracting project revision number

Hi,
I would like to extract the Subversion build number of my project and use
this to name my release files (tar.gz).  What I thought of doing is to put a
Subversion tag in my build.properties file.  Something like the
following:

build.revision="$Rev: 24 $"

That way, the build number will be in synch with my Subversion repository.
But my question is:  How do I extract this build number to use it in my
build.xml tasks? (without the leading '$Rev' and trailing '$' characters).

Thanks,
    Andre