ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: AINASL! Help with Parsing Files with Ant
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 04:20:49 GMT

--- S I <xiamak@hotmail.com> wrote:
[SNIP]

> <property name="sys.date" value="date" />
> <property name="sys.time" value="time" />

I'm not sure what you're to accomplish with this.

> I AM LOST HERE NOW: The exec line by itself works
> but how do I get the
> result of the date.exe back into here? With Args?
>
> <target name="timedate">
> <exec executable="C:/cygwin/bin/date.exe `+%a %D
> %r`" />
> <arg line="/c dir"/>
> </exec>

to do this, you would use the outputproperty attribute
of <exec>.  However, you might want to take a look at
the tstamp task to avoid the dependency on cygwin
and/or the Unix version if you, in theory, went
cross-platform.  Especially considering that, IIRC,
the cygwin version has features not in the (some?)
pure Unix versions.

-Matt