ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Extension of the Javah-Task
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:35:46 GMT

--- Karsten Klohs <taiko@upb.de> wrote:
[SNIP]
The implicit convention, is that the full file
> name exactly corresponds to
> the full class name. How can this restriction be
> relaxed? One idea is to
> investigate the files' contents to find the class
> names (using BCEL?!) the
> other is to at least allow a "class name
> construction" root relative to the
> root of the FileSet.

Ordinarily the assumption is made that the basedir
(attribute "dir") of the FileSet is the root of the
class structure.  Then the names returned from
DirectoryScanner.getIncludedFiles() are already ready
for conversion.  Is this what you meant by "full file
name?"  I don't see any reason to attempt to
circumvent this (so-called) restriction (especially if
it means adding a dependency to this task).  In fact,
I would think you could (from filenames relative to
basedir) simply use a PackageMapper from="*.class"
to="*" to get your classnames.

HTH,
Matt