ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to hide output of an <exec>
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:20:18 GMT
I guess spawn could work.  A couple more options:
You want to have a single task declaration that uses
options.  Meaning you can't just declare file without
using it all the time.  So you have two choices, still
using I/O redirection.  With Ant 1.6.3 you will have
the alwayslog attribute on a redirector, so you could
use <redirector output="NUL" alwayslog="${dolog}" />.
Or you could use conditions to store a redirector to a
particular ID.  So your exec would always use
<redirector refid="r" /> which might ref
<redirector id="r" /><!-- default behavior -->
or
<redirector id="r" output="NUL" />

HTH,
Matt