ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to hide output of an <exec>
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:57:13 GMT
I thought about using the output attribute, but what
value would I use for when they DO want the output to
come to the console?  I don't want to have the <exec>
task duplicated (differing only in one have the
output="NUL" and the other not using the output
attribute) and then a set of conditions controlling
which <exec> to invoke.

Actually, I am thinking of using the spawn attribute
instead.  The default value of the ${hide_output}
property would be 'false', the CC script would set the
${hide_output} to 'true' when it invoke the script and
the single task call would be:

   <exec executable="..." spawn=${hide_output}>
        <arg line...>
            .
            .
            .