ant-user mailing list archives

From Holger Rauch <holger.ra...@heitec.de>
Subject Overview on usage of if/unless attributes
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:33:22 GMT
Hi!

I'm aware that if/unless attributes can be used to select targets depending
on whether the value of some property is set or not. Where else
(types/tasks) can if/unless be used in addition to targets?

Is there an overview on this issue in some place?

(I tried using "if" on <property> in order to set the value of a property
dependet on whether another property is set. Reason was to avoid the
rather lengthy fragments introduced by using ant-contrib's <if> task.
Didn't work, however, so I guess I'm stuck with the <if> task, right?)

That's what I tried:

<property name="prop1" value="${basedir}/.." />
<property name="prop1" value="${basedir}/../.." if="certain.prop" />

Thanks in advance for any info/pointers!

Greetings,

	Holger