ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GCJ (GNUs Compiler for Java) with ANT
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:54:14 GMT
--- Danilo Bürger
<danilo.fabian.buerger@student.uni-augsburg.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i was wondering if it is possible to create an ant
> task so that gcj  is
> invoked and creates a binary file for a certain .jar
> file.

You should be able to set up your <javac> task with
compiler="gcj" and the appropriate nested <arg>
elements to setup the same command-line you would use
outside Ant. Prior to Ant 1.6.2 gcj's native
compilation options were broken by a mistaken
assumption that the -C option should always be used,
but the current and forthcoming Ant versions should
work fine for you.

HTH,
Matt