ant-user mailing list archives

From Holger Rauch <holger.ra...@heitec.de>
Subject Re: Why don't my selectors select anything?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:37:49 GMT
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Ivan Ivanov wrote:

> change <and> with <or>
> [...]

That indeed fixed the problem, thanks.

Two questions related to selectors coming to my mind are:

Can selectors be used to select files located in different absolute paths
from within the same fileset?

Example: I have the following files

- /tmp/dir1/bar
- /tmp/dir2/baz
- /opt/foo

and would like to select all of them from within the same fileset. Is that
possible?

(Since either the dir or the file attribute is required for a fileset, I
probably need to specify dir.)

When using <include name="...">, one can only use path names relative to the
value of the dir attribute of the fileset (I tried absolute path names and
relative path names starting with a parent dir (..), but that didn't work.
At least not with <include name="...">.

Is it possible to combine <include name="..."> patterns and selectors within
the same fileset?

Unfortunately, the Ant manual is not really clear on these two issues.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kind regards,

	Holger