ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Abley" <james.ab...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: Using ant properties in <replace> file
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:50:52 GMT
On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 03:40, Ninju Bohra wrote:
> So anybody have any guidance on whether or not
> ${property.name} are resolved in <replace> filter
> file?
>

> --- Ninju Bohra <ninju_bohra@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Just want to make sure that ANT 1.6.2 can NOT do the
> > following (otherwise I am doing something wrong...
> > which could never be :-))
> >
> > Wanting to replace a bunch of values in a file, so I
> > created a replaceFilterFile containing all the
> > token=value entries and using the <replace> task I
> > am
> > able to search/replaces all the "tokens" and put the
> > "value" in there place...
> >
> > The problem is that now we need have the "value"
> > portion be dependent on a property value (i.e. in
> > the
> > file we need the following
> >
> @@path_to_main_properties@@=${deploy.dir}\main.properties

I'm not that familiar with that task, but can you explain why you can't
use

@@path_to_main_properties@@=@@deploy_dir@@\main.properties

I think that it _won't_ work because you're using the replacefilterfile
attribute, but just wanted to confirm my understanding of how it should
work.

If that won't work, then maybe use two invocations of the replace task -
the first one creates a temporary file to replace @@deploy_dir@@, then
the second one replaces @@path_to_main_properties@@?

Cheers,

James