ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brad G. Kyer" <bgk...@yahoo.com>
Subject New Ant Diff and Merge Tasks
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:24:32 GMT
Hi,

I've created a couple of tasks that can run from within ant - Diff and Merge.
I hope you find these useful - source is included. If you find
any issues please contact me and I'll try to fix them asap.

----

Task: Diff
Works symmetircal to the current Patch Task (in fact based off the Patch
task source). It will generate a diff file that can be used by Patch.

Compatibility: 1.5.1

Contact:
b.kyer _at_ hydrogenline.com

License:
Tasks itself is Apache, the actual Diff java code is GPL

Task: Merge
Works as a composite diff/patch task. The basic difference is this
tasks will take 2 seperate trees (they must have the same structure)
and merge the "from" tree to the "to" tree. This is useful for when
you don't have access to a source control program and are trying
to merge a vendor or someone else's source tree into yours. I personally
use it for scripting the merge from autogenerated code into the previous
version that may have been hand modified.

Compatibility: 1.5.1

Contact:
b.kyer _at_ hydrogenline.com

License:
Tasks itself is Apache, the actual Diff java code is GPL

-----

Cheers!
Brad G. Kyer