ant-user mailing list archives

From Yves Martin <yves.mar...@elca.ch>
Subject Re: Zip and empty directory
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:38:03 GMT
"Bridges, Ed           NYC" <EBridges@citco.com> writes:

> Without it actually being a directory, how would the zipfile know if
> "inside/emptydir" is either a directory or a file?

 According to what I have understood from documentation, and the result of
 trials, the prefix is used as a prefix directory for included entries by the
 zipfileset.

 Without 'excludes', if 'existingdir' contains A, B and C files; then the
 result of the file set is (in the zip):
   inside/emptydir/A
   inside/emptydir/B
   inside/emptydir/C

 My problem is: as the file set is empty, the prefix is not stored at all in
 the zip as a directory entry.

--
Yves Martin