ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: os-independent directory mapping in copy task?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:27:44 GMT
Dominique Devienne schrieb:
>>Ant 1.6.3 will add a new attribute to the regexp mapper: handledirchar
>>
>>        <regexpmapper from="${basedir}/d/e/(.*)" to="\1"
>>                      handledirchar="yes"/>
>

> I missed the introduction of this one. cool!
>
> OTOH, its name sounds weird. How about simply calling it 'dirsep' to be
> consistent with <pathconvert>? In this context, it simply overrides the
> default platform's dirsep used when interpreting the regexp. No? --DD

That's not an issue of consistency: While pathconvert creates an
os-specific path, regexpmapper analyses a path - handledirchar just
allows the mapper to treat file separators system-independently. That's
why dirsep is a character attribute, while handledirchar is boolean.

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld