ant-user mailing list archives

From Janu Mohandass <janu.mohand...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Check for Env variables
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:44:15 GMT

Hi,

I am newbie in ANT. My requirement is, if the environment variable is not
set , then I want  the output to go to the current directory, else
the value should be picked up from the environment variable. I hv written
the following piece of code,

      <if>
                        <equals arg1="${env.BLD_OUTPUT}" arg2=""/>
                        <then>
                            <property name="localoutput.java" value="."/>
                        </then>
                 <else>
                            <property name="localoutput.java"
value="${env.BLD_OUTPUT}"/>
                  </else>
                  </if>

But what happens is ,  If the environment variable is not set, My first
condition does not get executed, the value of
localoutput.java is set to ${env.BLD_OUTPUT}.

Waiting for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Janu.