ant-user mailing list archives

From "David TROGDON" <David.TROG...@na.biomerieux.com>
Subject Re: &quote; in a property ${}
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:30:12 GMT

Thanks for the reply

Perhaps Ant  handles puoting well but I have found that when passing the
command line parameters to the OS in Windows XP (at least according to the
console window in Eclipse) the command is truncated at the first space and
the command fails.

David T.

|         |           <khperkins@telstr|
|         |           a.com>           |
|         |           03/19/2005 08:44 |
|         |           "Ant Users List" |

  |       To:       user@ant.apache.org
                                       |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       bcc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: &quote; in a property ${}

Yes this should work although is not needed in either in the specifying
of the executable attribute of <exec> task or the value attribute of the
<arg> task, spaces are dealt with for both these attributes and puoting
is not needed.

see the example here http://ant.apache.org/manual/using.html#arg for
functionality of <arg value=""/>
and examples here http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html which