ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Running ANT as a Windows Service
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:45:50 GMT
If you have successfully set up java as a service then don't use the batch
file.  Start ant directly from java.  From the manual:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html#viajava

Hope this helps,
Ben Burgess
TIAA-CREF

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 12:17 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Running ANT as a Windows Service

I think you would want to run something like Maven as a service, not ANT
itself.

Personally I use Windows scheduled tasks to run continuous builds - they
can be configured to start when computer boots up. The only drawback is
that on XP+ computers  when I log out all running scheduled tasks are
aborted, so I do not logout once I logged onto one of our build computers.

- Alexey.

Ninju Bohra wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Anybody have any experience in (and can provide guidance on) how to run
>an ANT script as a Windows Service.
>
>I am using the <antServer> task (from the ant-contrib project) and want
>to run the "server" as a Windows XP service.  I am familiar with running
>.exe files as server (via servany) or even invoking the JAVA JVM as
>service (via JavaService from Alexendria Consulting) but since ANT is
>invoked via a batch script, I'm not sure on how to proceed.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Later,
>
>Ninju Bohra

TIAA-CREF