ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Making copy NEVER overwrite
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:15:20 GMT
" the second time around the original is newer than the backup"

Is this because your copy target the first time around does not have
preservelastmodified="true"?

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: David Resnick [mailto:abunetta@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:40 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Making copy NEVER overwrite

I am making a backup of some files which I then filter back into the
original. Unfortunately, because of the way the targets are set up,  this is
done more than once. I want the copy task to perform the backup only if the
backup files don't exist. Setting overwrite to false doesn't help me because
the second time around the original is newer than the backup.

Can anyone think of a way of preventing the copy target from copying if the
file already exists?

Thanks, David

TIAA-CREF