ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (GE Energy, Non GE, GENE)" <Luis1.Cone...@ge.com>
Subject Copying files through FTP to servers in different timezones
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:54:22 GMT
Hi all,

I have the following target
__________________
<target name="ftp">
        <ftp server="${ftp.server}" userid="${ftp.user}"
password="${ftp.pwd}"
             verbose="${verbose}" newer="yes" passive="${passive}"
             skipfailedtransfers="${skip.failed}"
             remotedir="${remote.dir}">
             <fileset dir="${local.dir}"
                      includes="${includes.list}"
                      excludes="${excludes.list}"/>
        </ftp>
        <echo> Files from ${local.dir} were updated to ${remote.dir} at
${ftp.server} server</echo>
</target>
__________________

	To copy my files to my DEV server, which is setup with a different
Timezone than mine (EST vs CST). When I locally compile a class or update a
web file (.js*, .css, etc), I just want to upload the newest versions;
however, since the server is ALWAYS 1 hour ahead of my time, the files get
NEWER than the versions on the server when the timestamps for the files are
from a day before or so, but never when I try to update several times the
very same day.

	I know that changing my workstation's timezone would fix the issue,
but I'd like to know if there's something I can do to avoid this annoying
and useless behavior.

	Any pointers or suggestions are welcome.

	Regards.
	Luis