ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Yay! got uptodate to work, thanks all
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:23:17 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
>
> --- dbrosius@qis.net wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > So i guess my question is how do i do what the javac
> > task does, namely give a
> > directory, for each item in the directory, see if
> > it's output file is up to
> > date, and if not build it.
>
> How do you build it?  If, by chance, it is using the
> exec task you could combine the two approaches and use
> the apply task.

Yeah, since we persist on not providing an <apply> equivalent for
<java>...

Instead of using <ac:for> + <ac:uptodate>, you can still use <apply>,
which has built in looping and timestamp checking abilities, but you
anyway, with easier handling of Java-specific arguments like classpath,
Sys props, etc...