ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Deriving from MatchingTask
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:06:23 GMT
> From: Arun Gupta [mailto:bants73@yahoo.com]
> Also, searching in the list archives, I've seen it's
> not recommended [1] to use MatchingTask as the parent
> class. What is the motivation behind that
> recommendation ? Is it going to be deprecated in a
> subsequent release ?

It should be, but too much existing code, some of
it outside Ant uses MatchingTask, can we can't really
deprecate it.

Using an implicit fileset is just not as intuitive as
using an explicit one, and I recommend you simply derive
from Task, and have a add<MyNestedElementName>(FileSet ds)
method. Your impl can then accept just one filesets, or
many, in which case you store then in a List (usually).

--DD